Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Judgement? Or Mercy!

John Piper said something this weekend that hit me in such a profound way that I had to share it with you. I went back and listened again to his message so that I could share it with you word for word (because I tend to mangle things in my own interpretation). He said, “The dice are thrown on the board and every decision is from the Lord in Las Vegas. And I believe that with all of my total being. People get bankrupted and get rich by the design of God in judgment and mercy. And usually judgment. Since it is hard for a rich man to get into the kingdom of Heaven.” (By John Piper. © Desiring God. Website: desiringGod.org.)

“In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,” (Eph 1:11. ESV.)

“all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, ‘What have you done?’" (Daniel 4:35. ESV.)

“Is a trumpet blown in a city, and the people are not afraid? Does disaster come to a city, unless the Lord has done it?” (Amos 3:6. ESV.)

“Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it?” (Lamentations 3:37. ESV.)

“The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.” (Proverbs 16:9. ESV.)

“Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.” (Proverbs 19:21. ESV.)

“The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.” (Proverbs 16:33. ESV.)

My dad once said to me (regarding my situation), “Geez Brook, what did you do in your life that made you deserve to have to go through all of this?” I am so excited that I can go to him now and say, “So you see, daddy, I am not being punished (judged). God is having mercy on me but because of our worldly view we have messed it all up!” Thank you Heavenly Father for all of your beautiful mercy on me!!! I am so sorry beyond measure that it has taken me this long to see it for what it really is! I truly do not know what I have done to deserve such awesome mercy!!!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails