Thursday, November 29, 2007

He Who Began a Good Work in Me

“And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6.)

I was looking over a paper that had gotten lost in my vehicle titled, “Blind Spots of the Submissive Wife” and was reminded of how I once foolishly believed the woman should run the household. Two or three years ago I fought relentlessly for my “rights”! I would make the plans and/or fight against my husband’s plans; I would nag him endlessly for being late or not doing something I felt he should be doing; I would resist him on things he wanted me or the family to do; I would argue against a great deal of things he said or suggested; sometimes I would take the side of others instead of his; I would correct him when I thought he was wrong; I would scold him; and I did not appreciate him for his help. In short I was not at all a submissive wife!

I am so thankful that I can now consider myself a daughter of the King and act appropriately toward my husband. I feel I am a thousand times more submissive than I once was. I still stumble from time to time but over all I am so blessed my Heavenly Father called me out of my foolishness and blindness. I am grateful to my King that He has chosen me and wrote my name in the book of life before the world was even created! I cannot show appreciation enough that my selfishness and ugliness are being replaced by His love for me; He is filling up my once worldly filled heart!

Thank you gracious Father for all the work you have done and continue to do in me! All honor and glory are yours my strength and my redeemer!!!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails