Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jesus Did Not Pray for the World

While reading about worldliness I came across the following scripture which says, “‘I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.’” (John 17:9. NKJV.) This, of course, was Jesus talking and it got me thinking. I researched this passage and it led me to the following:

“We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19. NKJV.)

“Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.” (John 12:31. NKJV.)

“Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, ‘All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.’” (Matt 4:8-9. NKJV.)

“And the devil said to Him, ‘All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.’” (Luke 4:6-7. NKJV.)

“…whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.” (2 Corinthians 4:4. NKJV.)

“…in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,… (Eph 2:2. NKJV.)

“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” (Eph 6:12. NKJV.)

“And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.” (Rom 16:20. NKJV.)

“Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,…” (Heb 2:14. NKJV.)

“Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.” (Matt 12:29. NKJV.)

“And He said to them, ‘I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.’” (Luke 10:18. NKJV.)

“…to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ (Acts 26:18. NKJV.)

“I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.” (John 17:15. NKJV.)

“And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. (Matt 6:13. NKJV.)

“I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father. I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.” (1 John 2:13-14. NKJV.)

“…not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.” (1 John 3:12. NKJV.)

“…who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,… (Gal 1:4. NKJV.)

“‘…just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.’” (Matt 20:28. NKJV.)

“For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels.” (Hebrews 2:5. NKJV.)

This is not the conclusion to my searching but rather just the beginning as I still have quite a bit of scripture on which to follow up. Just thought I would share my findings with you.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails