Saturday, October 04, 2008

Children

“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6. ESV.)

I love training up my children. There is nothing---(not even traveling)---I love more than teaching God’s word to the little lambs in my home. But it is not always as easy as it may seem, especially with the older kids who are struggling with rebellion in their hearts right now. Sadly, I did not start instructing God’s word until about a year or two ago so the older ones know of God but they do not truly know their Heavenly Father or Lord and Savior. Though they once loved God and sang, “Our God is an Awesome God”, they are now heading in the wrong direction and need the Good Shepherd’s rod to turn them back around to follow Him. But, it is all in God’s timing (Psalm 46:10) as Wendy so kindly reminded me. Thank you, Wendy.

My heart’s desire is #1 for the salvation of my family and #2 to be blessed with lots of children (Psalm 127:3) to train up in God’s word! I would love to have more biological children and/or adopt. But God has much work to do on my husband’s heart for this hope of mine to become a reality. That is, of course, if it is God’s will and not just my own. (Proverbs 16:9). But my heart is heavy for God’s precious little lambs whose souls (and God’s word) are eternal. (Isaiah 40:6-8. cf. Psalm 103:15, James 1:10-11.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails