Monday, November 24, 2008

Adoption

“Blessed be(B) the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing(C) in the heavenly places, 4(D) even as he(E) chose us in him(F) before the foundation of the world, that we should be(G) holy and blameless before him. In love 5(H) he predestined us[a] for(I) adoption as sons through Jesus Christ,(J) according to the purpose of his will, 6(K) to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in(L) the Beloved. 7(M) In him we have(N) redemption(O) through his blood,(P) the forgiveness of our trespasses,(Q) according to the riches of his grace, 8which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9(R) making known[b] to us the mystery of his will,(S) according to his purpose, which he(T) set forth in Christ 10as a plan for(U) the fullness of time,(V) to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.” (Ephesians 1:3-10. ESV.)
Two of my children have been adopted into my heart. I pray they will one day know how much I love them, that they will have faith that leads to grace, and I ask God for their salvation. Will these children ever know the affection I have for them as I continually sew the seeds of God and His word? And will these seeds fall on rich soil and grow deep roots or will they drop along the path, onto rocky ground, or among thorns (Matthew 13:1-9). As it is now, training these lambs of God up in the way they should go (Proverb 22:6) is quite challenging as they seem to enjoy reminding me that I am not their biological parent. However, with time I am hopeful their feelings toward me will change and God will be working in each child’s heart.

For Christ Jesus said,
“‘I am the(A) true vine, and my Father is(B) the vinedresser. 2(C) Every branch in me that does not bear fruit(D) he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes,(E) that it may bear more fruit. 3Already(F) you are clean(G) because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4(H) Abide(I) in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine;(J) you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that(K) bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not abide in me(L) he is thrown away like a branch and withers;(M) and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7If(N) you abide in me, and my words abide in you,(O) ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8(P) By this my Father is glorified, that you(Q) bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 9(R) As the Father has loved me,(S) so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10(T) If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as(U) I have kept(V) my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11These things I have spoken to you,(W) that my joy may be in you, and that(X) your joy may be full.’” (John 15:1-11. ESV.)
What beautiful promises our Heavenly Father and His Son have made to us when we have faith that leads to grace. I beseech sovereign God for the salvation of my loved ones, especially all of the children in my home whether they are biological children or adopted into my heart. I encourage you to plead for the salvation of your loved ones as well. For those that do not abide in Him will be thrown away like a branch and wither; and the branches will be gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. Infinitely precious saving grace is my heart’s desire for those I love. Please pray for me and my loved ones and I shall pray for you and yours. Praise God!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails