Monday, December 22, 2008

Fabulous Post by Barnabas Piper

Barnabas Piper makes a list of 22 things he admires about his parents. He mentions a few items on this list that leave me wondering if I am a good enough parent or not. Hum...their son said some really great things I would love to have my children say about their father and I when they are adults. For example, for some of things Barnabas admires about his parents he writes,
"The open door policy. Anyone can visit any time...Their availability at any time, particularly times of need or crisis....they were excited to expand our family by adopting when they were 50 or close to it....That Daddy and Mother’s marriage is another reminder of the Trinity. They are very one and very two....That they were strict without being legalistic when I was growing up....That they don’t meddle, but they’re always available with counsel when asked....That I learned to pray from listening to countless prayers from both of them."
Just to name a few.

Click here to read the entire post of "22 things I admire about my parents on their 40th anniversary" by Barnabas Piper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails