Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lord, You are my Master and I Your Padawan


As I watch my absolute favorite movie series (many times over because I got it for Christmas) I meditate on how Jesus is not only my Savior and Lord but also my Master. I stand before Him, as His apprentice, trying to imitate His every move (except the miracles, of course) and striving to be just like Him (1 Corinthians 11:1). I come before Him in awe and watch as He uses His life saver (the truth) to defeat the evil forces that plot against Him and to shepherd the numerous nations in need of Him. He is the mediator (1 Timothy 2:5) between me and the Wonderful Counselor (Mighty God, Everlasting Father).

But who exactly gets to be a Padawan? Only those who are strong in the grace that comes from Him through faith (Ephesians 2:8). I suit up before each (spiritual) battle (in the whole armor of God - Ephesians 6:10-19) and take care not to give in to anger in my heart and fall victim to the dark side. Those who do not get to be padawan learners are left saying to themselves, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

I look to my Master for guidance and He sends teachers to instruct me. I, in turn, train up the younglings that have been entrusted to me. Is His grace strong in you?

May His grace be with you!

© 2008 B.T.P.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails