Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Buggin' Out Over Bugs




(by: me)

Just this past weekend I found myself faced with a task that felt slightly overwhelming. One of my furry "children"...my boxer, Brutus, brought fleas into the house. I don't know about you but a flea infestation is not my idea of a good time. Immediately I went out and bought flea & tick spray for all three of my dogs, Hydrocortisone spray and a children's Antihistamine for our Pug, Sydney, because of his allergies, and mothballs to use for vacuuming up the nasty, little buggers...the fleas, not the dogs.

Sure enough Sydney had what looked like mosquito bites all over his sides which caused him rub up against everything in an effort to relieve the itching and to whine loudly. The Hydrocortisone spray and Antihistamine seem to help. Brutus was our flea bag culprit. Everywhere he went, so did the fleas! Saturday night all three dogs were doused with the flea and tick spray before bedtime. Brutus received an extra good dose. Sunday after church, each dog was scrubbed until every flea and speck of dirt fell off of their bodies. Sydney received another shower of Hydrocortisone spray and each of the dogs' sleeping areas around the house were misted down with the flea and tick spray. Finally I placed the mothballs in our vacuum cleaner and had at it over the carpeted areas of the house. Of course this took a little longer than usual as I had to use the small brush attachment (meant for the furniture) because a belt had broken and I could not find a replacement at the store.

By Sunday evening our home was flea free! Phew. In my opinion, the only thing worse than fleas is ticks. The only thing worse than ticks is scorpions. And the only thing worse than all of the above is lice!!! Which reminds me...here's a cute sight I came across today regarding lice and all issues surrounding that topic which makes you scratch your head the moment you think about it. So, for all you that feel the way I do about lice...click here!

© 2009 B.T.P.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails