Friday, January 09, 2009

The Greatest Hindrance to the Gospel Today

(by Tim Challies)

"Some time ago I mentioned that I had been asked by a magazine to submit an answer to this question: 'What is the greatest hindrance to the gospel today?' Since the magazine has now been published, I can print the answer at my site. So here goes…

You know the oft-told story, I am sure. G.K. Chesterton, along with other prominent authors of his day, was asked by The Times to answer this question: 'What’s Wrong with the World?' His answer was beautiful in its simplicity and brilliant in its profundity.

Dear Sirs,

I am.

Sincerely yours,

G. K. Chesterton


As I ponder the greatest hindrances to the gospel today, I can’t help but feel that Chesteron’s words are applicable to this question, too. And yet, at the same time, I feel as if they are wrong; dead wrong."


Continue reading this post.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails