Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Growing in Prayer

(by Nicole Whitacre)

"It is prayer that has always been a weakness for me. I suspect I’m not alone in this. But I’ve been inspired by the example of my husband and my mom as I’ve watched them grow in prayer; and I’ve been aided by the verses and prayers that others use.

My collection swelled this January as I added many verses to my prayer list. I have three people to thank for that.

1. Our pastor, Mark Mullery, who preached a sermon from Ephesians 3:14-21 where he showed us two prayers we can pray for 'any Christian at any time in any situation.'
2. John Piper, who posted 9 Ways to Pray for Your Soul and linked to a past post by…
3. John Bloom who presented a list of prayers for our children.

Add these verses to your collection and may many prayers for us and our loved ones reach our Heavenly Father’s throne this year."


Continue reading this post.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails