Friday, January 16, 2009

Searching for the Spiritual Gifts

(by Tim Challies)
"In recent days I have received several emails dealing with spiritual gifts. Unfortunately, due to constraints on my time, I’ve been unable to spend a lot of time answering these. Today I want to spend just a few moments at least sharing some basic biblical teaching on the spiritual gifts. Much of this is drawn from my book The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment where I have an entire chapter dealing with gifts in general and the gift of discernment in particular.

"Often when I hear people speak of spiritual gifts they do so in this manner. 'I have the gift of [insert gift here] and my church has no way for me to serve in that way.'"

Continue reading this post.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails