Monday, February 09, 2009

Be Transformed by the Renewal of Your Mind

(by: me)

Trusting God in all things and patiently waiting on Him are, for some reason, two extremely difficult lessons for me to learn!

The other morning when I woke up the first thing that went through my mind was, “Do not be conformed to the ways of this world and lean not on your own understanding.” Actually this is from two different pieces of scripture. The first:

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2. ESV.)


And the second:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5. ESV.)


Oh to be good and acceptable, and perfect and to hear my King say, “Well done good and faithful servant.” (Matthew 25:21, Matthew 25:23, Luke 19:17.)

On Sunday Pastor Jim Smith did an excellent sermon on John 17:6-19 (which I will post here as soon as it is available to download.) He reminds us to be in the world not of the world. John 17:9 says, “I [Jesus] am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you [Father] have given me, for they are yours.” Jesus did not pray for the world but rather He prayed for the pilgrims (1 Peter 2:11-16). Pastor Jim also gives the reminder that it is broken people God uses for His glory and whether we live in a monastery or hide behind legalism, we still have to address the flesh.

Which makes me wonder…would my struggles with my sin and the flesh be easier in a convent or would I still wrestle with them so even there? Hum…

I find encouragement in Habakkuk 2:14 which says, “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.”

That's AWESOME!!! Whoo-hoo!!! I am filled with such joy that my heart leaps when I read and re-read this truth!!!

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. 19 GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places. (Habakkuk 3:18-19. ESV.)

For "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, 25 but the word of the Lord remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached to you. (1 Peter 1:24-25. ESV.)


(c) 2009 B.T.P.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails