Friday, February 13, 2009

Embracing Joy

(by: me)

Last night my husband and I were checking out his new cell/mobile phone and laughing hysterically! This bad boy is equipped with all the modern day bells and whistles. It has photo and video capabilities, all of my husband’s music can be downloaded onto it, televisions shows can be watched on it, etc.

As my husband was showing me all the fantastic details he said, “Smile!” and he pointed the little camera feature in my direction. Little did either one of us know this phone that fits in the palm of your hand even comes with a powerful flash! To our utter surprise, right before the shutter clicked there was a blinding light!

“Ah, I’m blind!” I said dramatically as I closed my eyes and tried to block the brightness with my hand. My husband laughed. Then we looked at the photo and started laughing even harder.

“Okay, let me try that again. This time, keep your eyes open,” he said as he pointed his phone toward me again. Once more there was an insanely intense light before the “click”.

“Let me see that,” I said as I reached for the phone. “I want you to see how bright the light is!” He handed over the phone and I snapped a picture of him. No flash!

“Hold up here!” I said as I pressed the picture button again. No flash! This only sparked more laughter.

“Aarr, what’s up with this thing!” I said. “Oh I get it, you’re taller than me so I am pointing up toward the lights. No wonder it’s not flashing.”

This time I turned off the kitchen lights before trying the picture for the third and final time. BLINDING LIGHT!!! Yes! We were laughing so hard my eyes were watering.

What a blessing that God uses even little things like this to bring us joy (Psalm 119:91).

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails