Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hiding in the light

(by Andrée Seu for World Magazine)

I keep learning, in spite of myself, that words in the Bible I skimmed casually, sloughed off, took as hyperbole, or otherwise downplayed, mean exactly and literally what they say. I think that will be one of the surprises and terrors of heaven. It is very clever of the Holy Spirit; it is not a hiding in the dark but a hiding in the light.

The latest example is 1 Corinthians 1:18: “For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.”

I had long ago decided that in saying that the word of the cross is the power of God, Paul meant that the word of the cross contains the power of God.

Continue reading this post.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails