Friday, February 20, 2009

No Greater Joy

(by: me)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (3 John 1:4. ESV.)

I wrestle constantly with my sin of fear over whether or not my children will have salvation. Am I training them up right? (Proverbs 22:6). Will they have faith that leads to grace? Will they repent of their sins and hear the Lord’s voice when and if he calls them? These thoughts relentlessly roll around in my mind. I desire for the children in my home to know and understand that God is sovereign and the center of everything!

But God’s word reminds me my sin of anxiety is in vain because He already has everything sorted out.
Proverbs 16:9: "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

Proverbs 19:21: "Many are the plans of a man's heart but the counsel of the Lord, it will stand."

Proverbs 21:1: "The King's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he wishes."

Isaiah 63:17: "Why, O Lord, dost thou cause us to stray from thy ways, and harden our heart from fearing thee? Return for the sake of thy servants, the tribes of thy heritage."

Jeremiah 10:23: "I know, O Lord, that a man's way is not in himself; Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps."

Philippians 2:12, 13: "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you both to will and to work for his good pleasure."

Hebrews 13:20, 21: "Now the God of peace . . . equip you in every good thing to do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.


I know God will put it in their hearts to execute His purpose (Revelation 17:17). I just need to have faith, do my part, and God will take care of the rest.

Each day we set aside time to do bible study in my home. Sunday is bible school at church of course, Wednesday we use John Piper’s “Children Desiring God” mid week curriculum, and the rest of the days we read and discuss scripture. I have been told of another workbook out of which I would like to also start working…The “Plants Grown Up”/ “Polished Cornerstones” series by Pam Forster. But none of this is a guarantee the little lambs in my home will be saved. Christ Jesus is the only promise of salvation and so I ultimately must keep my focus on Him and His Father!

2 Timothy 2:24-26: "The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome but . . . able to teach . . . with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will."


© 2009 B.T.P.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails