Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Color Blind

(by: me)

I have a few loved ones who are color blind. They either cannot see color at all or they have difficulty differentiating colors such as red from orange and blue from green, etc. I am sure this sometimes causes confusion and frustration and I have witnessed a few incidents where this condition has caused a pretty comical outcome. All of this I say in deep felt love without any intent to hurt feelings.

As I was thinking about my loved ones and color blindness I could not help but compare it to individuals who are blind to God and Christ Jesus. They might have good intentions but with an inability to see things clearly or accurately there is misunderstanding and annoyance. God in a beautiful hue of red may come across rather as a dull orange. His bold and unshakeable blue might be mistaken for a warm yet not as distinctive, perhaps wishy washy green. But is that the fault of the person? No, they have no control over how their eyes work or how the signal is perceived by the brain. It is just the way they are wired. It is the way God created them.

So why do I struggle with my sin of aggravation and disappointment so much sometimes when interacting with someone who may be blind to God and Christ? Their eyes and mind tell them one perspective while I stand before them trying to convince them they are incorrect about what they see and know to be true. If the sky looks green to me why would I believe anyone who tells me otherwise? If the grass appears blue why would I doubt what I witness?

Before I received God’s grace and had a change of heart in 2006, I was blind to so many things!!! I did not have the Holy Spirit within me and could not see things clearly.

Ezekiel 36:26: And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 11:20: that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Acts 26:12-20: "In this connection I journeyed to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me. 14And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.' 15And I said, 'Who are you, Lord?' And the Lord said, 'I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. 16But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, 17 delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles— to whom I am sending you 18 to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'
19"Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance.
Acts 22:4: And he said, 'The God of our fathers appointed you to know his will, to see the Righteous One and to hear a voice from his mouth;

Jeremiah 15:20: And I will make you to this people a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you, but they shall not prevail over you, for I am with you to save you and deliver you, declares the LORD.

Isaiah 35:5: Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped;

Isaiah 24:7: …to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.

“If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9. ESV.)

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” (Psalm 73:26. ESV.)

© 2009 B.T.P.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails