Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here Your Proud Waves Must Stop

(by: me)

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: “Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Who shut in the sea with doors, when it burst forth and issued from the womb; when I made the clouds its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band; when I fixed My limit for it, and set bars and doors; when I said, ‘This far you may come, but no farther, and here your proud waves must stop!’” (Job 38:1-2 & 8-11. NKJV.)


How wretched am I to question my Father and become frustrated with the obstacles He places before me! What an untrusting, ungrateful daughter am I who whines and complains. Yet my King remains true to me and continues growing me in various areas so I may bear fruit. (John 15:2.) And I have not to this day abandoned my prideful, foolish nature.

“God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble”. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:5-7.)

Matthew 20:26: But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,

Matthew 20:27: and whoever would be first among you must be your slave,

John 13:14: If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.

James 4:10: Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

Psalm 37:5: Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.

Psalm 55:2: Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.


Humble me, Father! Let my eyes be focused on You and my thoughts kept in perspective. This life is but a vapor that will leave just as quickly as it came. It will be a moment of time in the scheme of eternity, yet it will determine my time without end. By Your grace I have been saved, Father, and by your grace I awaken each morning to a new day. I should have a joyful spirit instead of struggling with my sin of self pity and self love.

As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God! (Psalm 40:17. ESV.)


© 2009 B.T.P.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails