Friday, May 01, 2009

Folly Brings Punishment to Fools!

(by: me)

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction. Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it, but folly brings punishment to fools. A wise man’s heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction. Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. (Proverbs 16:20-24.)


I cannot help but wonder why sin is so easy and following God’s word is so difficult?

I have been a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer for six years now. With this responsibility comes a great deal of knowledge as to what wretched sin some adults inflict on a percentage of God’s precious little lambs. I have read case after case of ugliness spewed out on purity, wickedness wreaked on the most innocent, vile and disgusting acts on precious victims, and preventable neglect on the most loving of His creatures that were made in His image. The foolishness, ignorance, and/or utter disregard are astounding. It makes me cling to the cross even harder and keep the children in my home safely tucked within my arms even tighter. And when I come across children in the day to day that are being maltreated it fills my very heart with abhorrence! The Holy Spirit within me is greatly offended!

And there I find is where my conflict begins. What can I, a lowly servant of my King, do to help protect His dear little lambs…who of no fault of their own are being harmed and/or neglected.

Proverbs 10:11: The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.

Psalm 37:30: The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks justice.

Matthew 12:34: You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Proverbs 15:26: The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD, but gracious words are pure.

Psalm 19:9-10: the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. 10More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.

I wish I could adopt them all or open a group home so I can foster as many as possible and keep them safe! I desire to rescue them all…but I am not the Savior. Christ Jesus is. And this wretched sin that is happening to these beautiful children of God is one of the very things for which He died on the cross! We cannot save ourselves. We need Him. These children need Him. And I will be praying for their dear, little hearts and that He will place a hedge of protection around each and every one of them! Please be praying too!

“Whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins” (James 5:20).
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails