Monday, June 15, 2009

The Excellent Wife: Part One

(by: me)

“I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.” (Psalm 116:1-2. NKJV.)


God hears my prayers and He has not forsaken me. He has granted me His grace and has given me the Holy Spirit. He answers my prayers and permits me wisdom so I may be discerning.

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds….Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked down to the ground.” (Psalm 147:3, 5-6. NKJV.)


When I am sinned against He mends my heart and cares for me. He repairs my soul. He guides me in upright ways. My heart overflows with joy. His word resides in my heart and I live according to it. I have received His grace and therefore do good works. I structure this vapor of a life in accordance with Proverbs 31, as I aim to be a godly wife.

Psalm 51:17: The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart – these, O God, You will not despise.

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.” (2 Corinthians 5:10. NKJV.)

“But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.” (1 Corinthians 11:3. NKJV.)


What a blessing to know that though I am called to submit to my husband, he is to yield to Christ just as Christ is obedient to God. So, if I follow this through to conclusion, I see that ultimately God reigns. He sits on high as King, Christ Jesus as Prince, and my husband as, let’s say, duke. So, does that make me a page, a serf a.k.a lowly peasant slave? No, of course not! Nor does it say I am less intelligent, lesser of an equal, or anything like that! It certainly is not about smarts because remember who God has called to train up and to teach the children. So what’s the deal here? I look to Eve for this answer. She was the one deceived by the serpent. And I know I, myself, am very easily swindled! As I have posted before, 1 Timothy 2:12-14 is an excellent reminder for me. It says, “And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.” (NKJV) This might not sit well for some. But none the less it is what God has ordained.

“For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.” (Ephesians 5:23. NKJV.)


By the way, have I mentioned how thankful I am for the body? I am, in fact, indescribably grateful for you my beloved sisters in Christ! I love you dearly!

“But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things – that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.” (Titus 2:1-5. NKJV.)


Here again, God shows an order He would like followed. The older women are to set a good example and teach the younger women. At least here I am moving up in the ranks. (Just joking.)

“Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.” (Ephesians 4:29. NKJV.)

“…let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.” (Hebrews 10:22. NKJV.)

Hebrews 7:19: …for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 10:1: For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.

Ephesians 3:12: …in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.’” (1 Samuel 16:7. NKJV.)

“And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.” (Hebrews 4:13. NKJV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails