Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Excellent Wife

(by: me)

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?” (Psalm 56:3-4)


Currently, I am reading the outstanding book THE EXCELLENT WIFE by Martha Peace. At first I thought I would blog about this book in general but now I think I will actually post as I read, taking it chapter by chapter, day by day. (This is not to say I will necessarily be sticking to one chapter a day.) I just finished a book about the very ugly sins of ungodliness, unthankfulness, pride, selfishness, lack of self control, anger, judgmentalism, jealousy, unwholesome talk, and worldliness (all on extreme levels) and I completed it in five days averaging 77 pages a day. I do not believe I will be able to devour this book as quickly but we shall see how it goes.

The first few chapters are “The Excellent Wife – Who Can Find?”, “A Wife’s Understanding of God – God’s Protective Authority”, “A Wife’s Understanding of Sin – God’s Provision”, “A Wife’s Understanding of Relationships – God’s Pattern”, “A Wife’s Understanding of Marriage – God’s Purpose”, and “A Wife’s Understanding of Her Role – God’s Perfect Plan”. I would love to receive comments from those ladies who have already read this book or are presently reading it also.

“…as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue…” (2 Peter 1:3. NKJV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails