Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Dusty

(by: me)

Losing a pet in our home is always very sad. We get extremely attached to our precious animals and they become part of the family. We do not mourn them as we would a human being but we do have a special place in our heart for them and when they are no longer with us we miss them dearly and our heart hurts.

Dusty (the dust bunny…as I called her) has been with us for a pretty long time. If memory serves I want to say it has been about six or seven years. She was a wonderful pet…very loving, tender, and cuddly. I recall the day the older children in our household picked her out at the pet store. She died rather unexpectedly last night somewhere between 9:00 and 9:30. I went to get her and other rabbit (Snowball) situated for the night. When I saw her sprawled out in her cage I knew something was not right. She had been pretty mellow the entire week and had not eaten very much at all. I picked her up and held her in my arms as she faded away. Her precious little life will truly be missed.

WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU DEARLY, DUSTY!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails