Thursday, June 11, 2009

So Thankful for Wisdom

(by: me)

Not only am I thankful for the wisdom God gives me in His perfect timing, I am also grateful beyond measure for the wonderful sisters in Christ He has placed in my life! As I sat reading the blog of my dear sister in Christ, Karen, the following scripture she had posted jumped out at me and was a beautiful reminder to me:

2 Corinthians 12:9: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 7:10: For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,


Karen, I am so appreciative God placed it on your heart to post those! God’s word is so utterly important in my life! He is the rock to which I cling and his word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path (Psalm 119:105). His truths are such blessings to my heart as I struggle with sin, the flesh, and worldliness while fighting the good fight.

1 Peter 4:14: If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.

Psalm 32:10: Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; but he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.

Proverbs 17:22: A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.

Ephesians 6:10-12: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.


I give thanks to my King for the wisdom He has given me…for each answer to every question asked. And replies will keep on coming as I continue to dig deep into His word on a daily basis. He hears my prayers and gives me what I need. His works are truly AWESOME!

My dear sister in Christ, Kristin, posted this piece of scripture which is dear to her heart during this season and which goes straight to my heart too as I watch God in action all around me as well as in my own life! Ephesians 3:20-21 says,
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails