Friday, August 28, 2009

The Excellent Wife: Love Believes the Best

[Love] believes all things, hopes all things. (1 Corinthians 13:7.)


The points made in Kendrick's LOVE DARE today are FANTASTIC!!! I cannot copy all of it here but I would like to quote a portion though I feel you are not going to get the full effect of the message and therefore encourage you to read it in its entirety.

"Everyone has unresolved issues, hurts, and personal baggage. This is a sad aspect of being human. We have all sinned. But we have this unfortunate tendency to downplay our own negative attributes while putting our partner's failures under a magnifying glass....Love chooses to believe the best about people. It gives them the benefit of the doubt. It refuses to fill in the unknowns with negative assumptions. And when our worst hopes are proven to be true, love makes every effort to deal with them and move forward. As much as possible, love focuses on the positive....Your spouse is a living, breathing, endless book to read. Dreams and hopes have yet to be realized. Talents and abilities may be discovered like hidden treasure. But the choice to explore them starts with a decision by you."


Thus far, reading and engaging in THE LOVE DARE has been a very joyful experience. It has also, in a sense, made me feel like a high school/ college student again looking to win the heart of my knight in shining armor. (In those days it would have been a "crush" but today it is my husband of course). What's that saying?..."Giddy as a school girl." Yes, I feel young, innocent, naïve, bubbly, and fresh with the notions of love and romance. I anticipate seeing the man who is my heart's desire and I do my hair up pretty, add a little color to my face (a.k.a light makeup), and pick out a cute outfit. All to win the attention and affection of the one I adore.

And thankfully, I do not have to look far to find him. I do not have to wait by the phone for his call or wonder when I might get to see him again. Will I get a glimpse of him between classes at school? Will he look in my direction or, even better, offer me a smile? My heart skips a beat at the thought of his radiant blue eyes and the cute way his lips curl when he is happy. I know I will see him at the end of the day. I know he will speak to me. But do I "dare" allow myself to become utterly vulnerable and put my heart out there? Yes, I do "dare". EVERYDAY!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails