Monday, August 24, 2009

The Excellent Wife: Love is Kind

Today's LOVE DARE (by Stephen & Alex Kendrick) is based on Ephesians 4:32 which says,
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." (ESV)
It suggests I do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness for my husband. After careful thought, I have decided to do something completely out of the ordinary and bake him a cake! Yes, his very own 9x9" dessert "just because". Of course, the kiddos are also taking great joy in serving daddy in this way and will be even more excited to help daddy eat his special treat! I am thankful my heart is truly joyful in doing a little something as an unexpected blessing for my honey bunny!

Not to mention, this morning I was blessed by a phone call from a dear sister in Christ who makes superb cakes and was given some pointers! Thanks, Ms. Amy!!! And, praise God for He has given me all I needed to successfully complete the "Love Dare" for today!

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! (1 Chronicles 16:34. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails