Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify, Simplify

Q: Will it matter in eternity?
A: Yes.

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15-16. ESV.)

Colossians 4:5: Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.

Proverbs 15:21: Folly is a joy to him who lacks sense, but a man of understanding walks straight ahead.

Ephesians 6:13: Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.


Today was the first day of my new weekly schedule and I found myself welling up with anxiety as I stared at the agenda on paper. The house timetable is divided up into hours of the day and my personal calendar goes in half hour segments. Now, I feel I do not have to tell you (and yet I am) that the entire itinerary is full…completely booked! What’s a gal to do when juggling schooling children, financially helping out the family, and completing chores so the household can function smoothly?! Not to mention, I also have temptations with which I struggle throughout the day (like catching up with friends/socializing and/or reading) when I am supposed to be doing something else like studies with the children, working for an income, and/or duties around the home.

The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. (Proverbs 16:9. ESV.)

…that the LORD your God may show us the way we should go, and the thing that we should do. (Jeremiah 42:3. ESV.)


The Proverbs 31 wife…
> Does [her husband] good, and not harm, all the days of her life. (v. 12)

> Works with willing hands. (v. 13)

> Provides food for her household. (v. 15)

> Dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. (v.17)

> Perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night. (v.18)

> Opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. (v. 20)

> Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. (v.25)

> Opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. (v. 26)

> Looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. (v.27)

Whew, that makes for a very busy day!!! And I suppose this should be my day by day checklist that demands to be marked off each time a requirement is complete. Did I do my husband good and not harm? Check. Did I profit off of my merchandise? Check. Did I make my arms strong today? Nope, that still needs to be done…I think you get the idea here. Prayerfully, I will keep Proverbs 31 in mind when going through my days so as not to overwhelm myself on “folly” but rather bless my family tremendously!

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 31Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:30-31. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails