Thursday, October 29, 2009

It Is CHRIST Who Strengthens Me

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13. NKJV.)

It was not until a Florida Gators game that this scripture came to my attention. Quarterback Timmy Tebow wears scripture on his Eye Black (Black Out) and one game it was Philippians 4:13. GO GATORS! And how true is this piece of God’s word?

I have been told a few times (and I am only repeating this to point to the truth of the matter), “You are such a strong person.” When in reality I am actually a very weak, broken individual. It is Christ who is my rock and gives the illusion it is I who am tough. I have been greatly humbled (especially after receiving God’s grace). I have learned what worldly possessions and “rights” I can realistically live without. God provides and all things are His servants (Psalm 119:91). Each day I rise and study His word. Like a flower in a field who depends on the rain and sunshine I look to my King for the things I “need” (rather than “want”) to survive. And he provides…orchestrating everything in my life for His glory and my good (Romans 8:28)! He paves the way and directs my steps (Proverbs 16:9). He convicts me to obey His will for my life and not depend on man (Psalm 118:8). He places specific people in my life (and their guidance) in His perfect timing.

Some days I just wait (Psalm 46:10).

My purpose in life is not to change the world. Nor is it to become rich and famous. Rather it is to glorify God as is the reason of all of His creation. Everything is proof of His existence. “For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20. ESV.) I do not just want to please my King, I want to bring Him glory!

The days are evil (Ephesians 5:15-17). I sit at the foot of the throne communing with my King and consulting him on the matters of my vapor (James 4:13-15) of a life…how I should walk, what I should say, and the manner in which I should train up His little lambs.

I am truly nobody without the Lord. I understand and echo David’s pleas when he said, “Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.” (Psalm 51:11. ESV.) I wish I could show you my heart! I feel the flesh distracts and takes away from what my heart truly looks like. My cup overflows (Psalm 23:5) for the Lord is my portion, my cup, and holds my lot (Psalm 16:5). “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” (Psalm 73:26. ESV.)

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails