Thursday, October 15, 2009

Not to Worry

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?" (Matthew 6:25. ESV.)


I sit hear staring at a nearly blank screen trying to figure out how to possibly put into words all that is going through my mind. Euphoria mixed with confusion. Pure joy that Jesus is Lord and He will neither leave me nor forsake me (Joshua 1:5) yet utter perplexity of what He has in mind and what the path looks like before me. I feel as though I am holding a tiny light in pitch darkness and can only see a very short distance in front of me. And yet I continue walking, hoping I do not stumble, in suspense of what lies before me, and prayerful (above all) God will be glorified! Carefully I progress not knowing what is behind each turn, what challenges I might face, and how I will respond to them. Thankfully I have the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:13-17) with truth as a belt tight around my waist, righteousness as my breastplate, and as my shoes the readiness to announce the Good News of peace. I carry faith as my shield, salvation as a helmet, and the word of God as my sword which the Spirit gives me.

I love Philippians 4:13 which says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Whether that is standing up against sin, trusting He will provide for tomorrow, or seeking Him in tribulation (i.e. strife, a sick child, physical illness, etc.). I do not know what my King has arranged. I sit at the foot of His throne consulting him. I trust in His sovereignty. I learn in His word of those who have walked with Him before me. And I sing His praises as loud as my voice will allow me. Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good!!!

...persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; (Matthew 6:25. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails