Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Precious Fellowship

With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! (Psalm 119:10. ESV.)


My ABSOLUTE favorite thing to do is fellowship and talk about God and His Son whether I am speaking to a family member, friend, or stranger. Discussing God and His word is just so dear!!!
“Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.” (Proverbs 16:24. ESV.)

“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise (Deuteronomy 6:5-7. ESV.)


And when you love something so much, you talk about it often, right? Well, I know I do. I am a HUGE advocate for the things of my heart. Further, I suppose I feel closer to my King and His Son when I speak of them.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” (James 4:7-8a. ESV.)


Just recently I had the pleasure of fellowshipping with my daddy. The man to whom I have looked up; the one who protected me until he gave me over to my husband to pick up where he left off; the person who showed me what it means to be a provider, a devoted husband and father, and a missionary. My love for God and Jesus became that much sweeter with each word spoken between us. My heart felt such deep love as we talked of the Holy Spirit and receiving God’s grace. Why we do good works and what offends the Holy Spirit. As each minute ticked passed I received a tiny (yet satisfying) taste of the sweetness of Heaven.

“Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.” (Psalm 36:5. ESV.)

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.” (Proverbs 18:10. ESV.)


I look forward to each and every opportunity to participate in discussions of God’s character, my wretched sin, His wrath, His precious Son, His grace, and the Holy Spirit. For in these discussions I find great joy.

“I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me” (1 Corinthians 15:10).
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails