Sunday, November 08, 2009

Preaching to Myself

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18. ESV.)

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8. ESV.)

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11. ESV.)

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. (Psalm 118:8. ESV.)

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. (1 Peter 5:10. ESV.)

Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10. ESV.)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13. NKJV.)

Then Job answered the LORD and said: "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted." (Job 42: 1-2. ESV.)

And the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning. (Job 42:12. ESV.)

And David said, "It is my voice, my lord, O king." 18And he said, "Why does my lord pursue after his servant? For what have I done? What evil is on my hands?" (1 Samuel 26:17 & 18.)

For the king will hear and deliver his servant from the hand of the man who would destroy me and my son together from the heritage of God.' (2 Samuel 14:16. ESV.)

Then Saul said, "I have sinned. Return, my son David, for I will no more do you harm, because my life was precious in your eyes this day. Behold, I have acted foolishly, and have made a great mistake." (1 Samuel 26:21. ESV.)

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever. (Psalm 23. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails