Friday, November 13, 2009

Slave to Obedience: Obeying God Rather Than Men

But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.”


As I continue to sit at the foot of the throne communing with my King and consulting Him on everything, scripture is an encouragement to me each day. Before starting schoolwork with the kiddos, every morning is spent doing memory verses and spending time with God and His word. We repeat the following verses over and again:

“No one can serve two masters.” (Matthew 6:24.)

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5.)

“For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.” (Psalm 1:6.)

“In quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” (Isaiah 30:15.)

“Fear not, for I am with you.” (Isaiah 43:5.)

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105.)

“Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.” (Proverbs 30:5.)

“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!” (1 Chronicles 16:34.)


These beautiful truths are made even sweeter to me as I hear them from the mouths of the little lambs God has entrusted to me to train up and protect.

Further they encourage me to dig even deeper into God’s word. I am so thankful to my King for His favor! Because of His grace, which He has given to me through His precious Son, I am able to be a “slave of obedience”.

Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? (Romans 6:16. ESV.)

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4. ESV.)

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. (Psalm 37:5. ESV.)

But God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." (2 Timothy 2:19. ESV.)

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, (John 10:14. ESV.)

The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. (Nahum 1:7. ESV.)

I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul, (Psalm 31:7. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails