Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Unshakeable

When I attended church this past Sunday the message was entitled “Unshakeable in Shakable Times”.

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” (Mark 9:23. NKJV.)
I BELIEVE! Therefore NOTHING is impossible…even the most challenging trial that seems utterly without a solution!

My #1 refining from the Lord seems to be: trusting in Him…completely! When tribulation gets especially difficult and I do what I know my King wants me to do yet the outcome does not look as I had imagined, I am quick to doubt and struggle with my sin of impatience. I look for immediate results yet nine times out of ten my King wants me to wait, be still, and know He is God (Psalm 46:10). And, no matter who or what satan tries to use against me I am to remain steadfast! I am to study and know God’s word and hide it in my heart so I might not sin against Him (Psalm 119:11).

Further God is ALWAYS faithful to provide everything I need to walk the path He sets before me. It is so humbling to watch God at work…and the way He orchestrates EVERYTHING all the way down to the tiniest (perhaps seemingly insignificant) detail!

Two and half weeks ago I read an excellent devotion by “Daily Bread” entitled “Be a Stander” regarding Proverbs 17:17 which says, “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” Oh how true! Not only are my parents and brother standing firm with me in my hardship, there is a friend who knows me on deep levels…my heart and my character. She loves me all the time whether we are near one another or far apart. She is always there for me (especially when I need her the most)…“A true friend who stands with [me] in times of trial.” (Our Daily Bread: Be a Stander.) For her and my family, I am infinitely, indescribably grateful to my sovereign King.

One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. (Proverbs 11:24. ESV.)


Thank you my Sovereign King for all you have given to me in this season of adversity and need. Thank you for protecting my heart, for lessons learned, for wisdom, strength, and for grace received! And last but not least, thank you for your mercy! I pray hearts will be changed, eyes will be opened, and (most importantly) You will be glorified!

To God alone be the glory!!!

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails