Saturday, December 26, 2009

Direction for the New Year

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. (Proverbs 16:24. ESV.)


Christmas day was filled with the usual hustle and bustle of family, presents, love, and joy. This precious holiday brought many unexpected blessings this year. And God did not hesitate to point me in the direction He has for me in 2010! As gifts were shared and opened I found myself with two new books! THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE by Stormie Omartian and HOW TO PRAY by R.A. Torrey. Though I am not familiar with either of these authors, I am excited to be focusing on prayer! My heart’s desire has been to be more disciplined in prayer and I am eager to take in all these new additions to my library have to offer. Thank you, Sarah and Aunt D.

This time of year also has me traveling and I will sadly be away for a week. As I am still having problems with my laptop, I will not have access to a computer nor the internet until I return on January 4, 2010…but I might be able to sweet talk a dear sister in Christ in posting a little for me while I am gone…we shall see.

For anyone out there in cyber space land (like “T.V. Land”) who might actually read this blog, please pray for me and my children this week…specifically for the Lord to place a hedge of protection around us! Thank you and Happy New Year!

With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! (Psalm 119:10. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails