Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Seek it Like Silver

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. (James 1:5. ESV.)


A fairly recent post by Molly Piper has been rolling around in my mind for a while now. Ms. Piper wrote,
"Lots of people want to give a book to the grieving person. It’s not a bad gift, especially if it’s a good book about grief and loss. But I want to challenge you one further—read the book first."


I have decided to accept this challenge however I do not want to focus only on the tribulation of losing a child but rather concentrate on a specific trial for a period of time and then work my way through to all of which I can think. (So if anyone has one come to mind, please comment and let me know!) I am not sure how long I will devote to each…it might be a week or stretch out over the course of a month…or even longer. I love to read however my "free" time is very limited.

I would like to start with (though not necessarily in this order):

1. The Loss of a Child (for Seth and Amber)
2. Eosinophilic Disorders (for Lillie)
3. Apert Syndrome (for Jack)
4. Cancer (for Ms. Donna Jo)

yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
4if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasures,
5then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
6For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; (Proverbs 2:3-6. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails