Thursday, January 07, 2010

Aroma of Christ

I, like many gals I suppose, like candles. You know the type, pretty looking and strong smelling. I actually prefer them over air fresheners when it comes to making my house smell lovely.

This Christmas I was blessed to receive an absolutely divine scented candle called "Frasier Fir" by Thymes. Its Christmas tree aroma quietly filters into the air, fills the area, and softly breezes from room to room. It's smell is not overpowering but rather gentle, pleasant, a refreshing kiss of perfume.

2 Corinthians 2:14-16 tells me,
"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, 16 to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?"


1 Corinthians 1:18: For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

2 Corinthians 4:3: And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.


Oh to be filled by God's word which brings me peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7) and is a sweet odor to my soul. I close my eyes and inhale deeply taking in all that He is, was, and is to come (Revelation 4:8, Isaiah 6:3, Revelation 1:4).

"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!" (Revelation 5:12. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails