Thursday, January 21, 2010

Experience: A Brutal Teacher

The weather is supposed to be pretty bad around here today so this post is going to be a little hasty. I love the quote by C.S. Lewis which stays,
"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn."


Experience, as God would have it, is probably my best instructor. I certainly do not forget the lessons I learn in the course of living through them.

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Galatians 6:7-8. ESV.)

1 Corinthians 15:33: Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals."

2 Corinthians 9:6: The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.

Job 4:8: As I have seen, those who plow iniquity and sow trouble reap the same.

James 3:18: And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails