Friday, January 08, 2010

May the Whole Earth be Filled with His Glory

With the New Year comes new hope. As a season in my life seems to be coming to a close (thankfully) I feel great anticipation of what is to come. Along with this expectation I also have a reading list started.

I am one of those people who starts three to five books at a time and now is no different. I currently have three books in various stages of being finished…but I am plugging along without leaving a single one by the wayside.

Presently on my "to read/ to finish" catalog is:

BOUNDARIES by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
WHEN PEOPLE ARE BIG AND GOD IS SMALL by Edward T. Welch
THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE by Stormie Omartian
HOW TO PRAY by R.A. Torrey

Excellent books I have read and highly recommend include:

RESPECTABLE SINS by Jerry Bridges
THE EXCELLENT WIFE by Martha Peace
SEEKING HIM by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom
DON'T MAKE ME COUNT TO THREE by Ginger Plowman
SHEPHERDING A CHILD'S HEART by Tedd Tripp

I cannot help but think of those who (both domestic and abroad) are persecuted for their love of Christ and their desire to read God's word and other books which glorify God and praise Christ Jesus. My heart is especially with those who are imprisoned, beaten, tortured, and/or forced to watch their family suffer because they are followers of Christ. I take great comfort in Habakkuk 2:14 which reminds me,
"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea."
I picture all nations being washed over by the word of God and swimming in understanding! I can imagine the earth basking in His radiance and bathing in His light. It makes me feel all warm and cozy.

Blessed be his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory! Amen and Amen! (Psalm 72:19. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails