Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Small Town Girl, Great Big World

Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. (Matthew 10:16. ESV.)


I was born and raised in a moderately small town (which is not so small anymore). But I am thankful to my King for sending me out in His vast world and showing me what a tiny pebble I am in such an immense ocean. He provided the means for me to travel…first through my parents (when I was in high school) and then following graduation, as an employee of a well known company. I was blessed to visit France, Switzerland, Italy, Singapore, Australia, and Taiwan.

Paris, France

Mount Pilatus in Lucerne, Switzerland

The Vatican City with Sistine Chapel, Rome Italy

The Colosseum, Rome Italy

In Asia the corporation for which I worked was highly publicized and in soaring demand. As a result, its employees were treated like celebrities whenever we went out in small or large groups. We were stopped in public, asked for our autographs, and requested to pose for pictures. It was quite humbling to be held to such standards. I'm just me, a daughter of the King.

Sight seeing in Singapore.

Visiting a zoo in Australia.



Taipei, Taiwan



All this to say, what an awesome God I serve!!!
For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. (Romans 1:20. ESV.)


I am so indescribably thankful for all I have seen, for knowing I am one in well over six billion people, and for humility! Who am I? I am merely a well digger…but that is a post for another day.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails