Saturday, March 13, 2010

Every Gift is From Above

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above… (James 1:17. ESV.)


The Lord's blessings continue as we prepare for a very special event. In just one week our family will be celebrating an occasion of utmost importance. One in which we will have to dress accordingly. Now, with a budding freelance career (and no other income to speak of) it is a bit challenging for me do anything "extra". But my sovereign King provides…and perfectly at that (of course)! He gives me all that is necessary whether it be clothing, shelter, food, etc. Further, it is in my hands before my lips utter a single request regarding it at the foot of the throne! It is absolutely humbling (yet so precious) to be taken care of so dotingly by the King himself!

The first outfits came by way of a dear friend who gives me hand me downs for my children. In a bag full of shorts, jeans, and tee shirts there were two sets of dress pants, two dress shirts, two ties, one suit vest, and a suit jacket. These items were exactly what I desired and fit flawlessly! The next garment (complete with shoes no less) was bought with two gift cards and birthday money!





(Please excuse the fuzzy pictures.)

John answered, "A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven. (John 3:27. ESV.)

All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,

declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit
and trembles at my word. (Isaiah 66:2. ESV.)

Hear the word of the LORD,
you who tremble at his word:
"Your brothers who hate you
and cast you out for my name’s sake
have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified,
that we may see your joy';
but it is they who shall be put to shame. (Isaiah 66:5. ESV.)

They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. (Romans 11:20. ESV.)

Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses….As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. (1 Timothy 6:11-12, 17. ESV.)

So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. (2 Timothy 2:22. ESV.)

The way of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD,
but he loves him who pursues righteousness. (Proverbs 15:9. ESV.)

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. (Philippians 3:12. ESV.)


I am so thankful God is attentive, even when it comes to the small things.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails