Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Give Myself to Prayer

Be not silent, O God of my praise! 2For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me,
speaking against me with lying tongues.
3They encircle me with words of hate,
and attack me without cause.
4In return for my love they accuse me,
but I give myself to prayer.
5So they reward me evil for good,
and hatred for my love….
21But you, O GOD my Lord,
deal on my behalf for your name’s sake;
because your steadfast love is good, deliver me!…
25I am an object of scorn to my accusers;
when they see me, they wag their heads.
26 Help me, O LORD my God!
Save me according to your steadfast love!
27Let them know that this is your hand;
you, O LORD, have done it!
28 Let them curse, but you will bless!
They arise and are put to shame, but your servant will be glad!…
30With my mouth I will give great thanks to the LORD;
I will praise him in the midst of the throng. (Psalms 109:1-5, 21, 25-28, 30. ESV.)


I give thanks to the Lord for He is good (1 Chronicles 16:34). He knows exactly what I need before I even go to Him in prayer to ask for it. One week ago I was chatting with someone who disagrees with my faith commitment. As the conversation continued my heart broke. Then suddenly a sister in Christ popped up and asked how I was doing. God knew I needed some encouragement. My sister in Christ quoted Luke 6:22-23 which says,
"Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! 23 Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets."


Four days ago I attended a wedding shower and got to see some old friends again! It had been years…seemingly a lifetime ago since I had been with them last. One of my sisters in Christ there shared with me what the Lord has done in her life and encouraged me greatly. Both of us are independent contractors. She freelances in illustration (developing characters, penciling, color, etc.) and I in web design and writing.

She spoke of a time in her life when she did not feel she was doing what God had planned for her so she prayed. She asked Him to give her an "in your face" sign that He had something better for her. The very next day she received a call from a well known greeting card company offering her a job. They wanted her to move to the city in which they were located and begin work right away. When God says, "move," I feel it is wise to obey!

Today my sister in Christ gave me the second part of that story. She said when it was time for her to leave that job with the popular card corporation she felt like God was speaking to her heart saying, "Why are you afraid to leave? Take that leap of faith and I will make you fly." While she was on Christmas vacation with her family she and her husband unexpectedly bought a condo, she returned after her holiday, quit her job, and has been extremely successful ever since. She said, " God was right, I think it was the best thing to happen to me."

It is my opinion God truly provides and His grace is sufficient. Whenever I am downcast He lifts me up using the precious body of Christ. I am so thankful for all of you who have been faithful to the Lord in giving me love and encouragement!

4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows. (Psalm 23:4-5. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails