Thursday, April 01, 2010

New Books on the "To Read" List

(Please forgive me for the blurry picture.)


Yesterday, I took the kiddos to AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed - 2 Timothy 2:15) and hit the church library while I was there. I picked up two new books which have been added to my "To Read" list.

The first one I grabbed is BAD GIRLS OF THE BIBLE AND WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THEM by Liz Curtis Higgs. This book started out as a joke between the oldest child in my household and myself. But, I have to say, thus far I have been pleasantly surprised by it. It starts with the "first bad girl" (Eve) and divides up notorious bad girls into three categories: "Bad to the Bone" (Potiphar's Wife, Delilah, and Jezebel), "Bad for a Moment" (Lot's Wife, Sapphira, and Michal), and "Bad for a Season, but Not Forever" (Rahab, the Woman at the Well, and the Sinful Woman who anointed Jesus' feet with her tears).

The second I picked up is LOVE COMES SOFTLY by Janette Oke. A fellow sister in Christ told me about the movie series and I was happy to find there is a book sequence as well! So, I'm going to give it a try though fiction is not really my thing.

What are you reading?
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails