Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Sharper Than Any Two-Edged Sword

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6. NKJV.)


Sometimes (not necessarily all the time or often, but occasionally) I find myself conflicted because God's word and His leading of my heart instruct me to do things one way (His way) yet a loved one (or two or more) try to lead me otherwise. This has happened a couple times over the past few days and during one conversation I found myself saying, "God is the ONLY one I am concerned about pleasing!" Perhaps it was not the best way to encourage my loved one however I wanted the person to know I am standing firm and will not be moved.

“ Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
24 But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:23-24. NKJV.)


I find staying focused on God can be a little challenging at times…but usually that is when I am not being consistent in prayer, in being in His word each day, and in seeking Him for wisdom.

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12. NKJV.)


How grateful I am for that. God is faithful even when I am not. He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6). So, thankfully I do not have to worry about appeasing this individual or that one. My eyes should remained fixed on my King (and being He can see my heart and is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, He is far easier to satisfy).

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen. (Jude 24-25. NKJV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails