Thursday, May 27, 2010

Legalism Verses Grace

Sunday I heard a message (largely) about legalism and today, I dropped by the "Pyromaniacs" blog and what caught my attention? Yep, you guessed it...legalism. Phil Johnson writes,
"Let me say this plainly: It is a sin to impose on others any 'spiritual' standard that has no biblical basis. When God gave the law to Israel, He told them, 'You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you' (Deuteronomy 4:2). And, 'Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it or take from it' (Deuteronomy 12:32)."
Click here to hop over to the "Pyromaniacs" blog to read the rest.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails