Monday, May 17, 2010

Never be Wise in Your Own Sight: Part Two

7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 9Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! (Matthew 7:7-11. ESV.)


(I would like to begin by saying how thankful I am for each and EVERY person God has placed in my life! Each one has been such a blessing to me! I love you all, dearly!)

I was just commenting last week at how I desire a companion on my walk with the Lord (like in John Bunyan’s THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS). My King knows my heart, listens to my prayers, and last night I received what I sought (and what the Lord knew I needed). But, to show you the full beauty of God’s orchestration and how He does all things for the good of those who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28), I have to backtrack a little bit.

In 2008 my King introduced me to a lovely sister in Christ. We served together and fellowshipped together for two years but I had no idea God was setting up something that was going to mean so much more to me. Though I was clueless, He had it all figured out (of course). My walk with this special lady was going to bless me in a HUGE way!

In January 2010 my sister in Christ contacted me to catch up. I kept putting off phoning her back. She called and messaged me again in March 2010. The Lord prodded my heart to ask her about her walk with Him leading up to the year I had met her. “I don’t want to,” I found myself thinking…though I had no idea what she would say if I asked. But the Lord created me to be curious…and I did ask…though reluctantly. My hesitation had nothing to do with her but rather my sin of pride.

This previous week was a tough one for me because I felt alone…without someone who has faced the EXACT same adversity I am battling (and the feelings associated with it). As I mentioned before, I communed with my King and asked for a compassionate ear to listen, empathetic heart to understand, and gentle tongue to speak wisdom from experience. The Lord encouraged my heart, “Call her.” And I did.

When she called me back she was the answer to my prayer. It was as though she could read my mind. As she spoke, her story was a reflection of my own. There were slight differences (as we each came from a different place and needed unique things from the Lord) but the heart of it was identical. We spoke for at least two hours, sharing and fellowshipping. My cup runneth over! (Psalm 23:5. KJV.)

My dear sister in Christ,

You have no idea what a true blessing you are to me. God's timing is perfect! Though you were right there in front of me for years He knew when I would need you the most. Thank you for sharing your heart, and what God has taught you, with me. You have reminded me not to lose hope (in God) and that this "desert" will only last a season. What lies beyond will be more beautiful than I can imagine. I am so happy to have you walking with me during this pilgrimage.

Great is the Lord!

16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. (John 15:16. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails