Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Never be Wise in Your Own Sight: Part Four

The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. (Job 1:21. ESV.)

My youngest child loves to play Monopoly. This past week I was reminded of this game when I experienced a disappointment that sent me back to square one…without passing go and devoid of collecting $200 (for old school Monopoly players) or $200,000 (Monopoly Here and Now World Edition).

The number one question I’ve been getting, “What are you going to do now?” My answer, “Wait for the next door to open.” And become unlocked it will. If I have learned nothing else over the past seven months it’s that God is faithful. Not to mention 1 Thessalonians 5:18 reminds me to “give thanks IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”. Yep, every situation! Even (or perhaps, ESPECIALLY) the events I do not understand.

As a friend (and dear sister in Christ) said to me, “It’s okay to ask Him ‘why’.” And I know all will be revealed in His perfect timing!

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 2a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 3a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace. (Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8. ESV.)

Ecclesiastes 8:6: For there is a time and a way for everything, although man’s trouble lies heavy on him.

Romans 12:15: Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Matthew 10:39: Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Proverbs 11:24: One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want.

Luke 14:33: So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails