Sunday, May 09, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

God is good all the time…even when I look at something and only see a mess! I am not going to understand things this side of heaven…that's just the way it is. I cannot even begin to grasp the complexity and enormity that is my King! Certainly NOT while I am battling with the flesh (but that is a post for another time: "The Flesh Verses the Holy Spirit").

The other day my child did not comprehend something that was very important to him. Despite my best efforts no answer I could give comforted him. Finally, I had to say, "You're just going to have to trust me." It was then I realized God had just put things into perspective for me…"Brook," He said to my heart, "You're just going to have to trust Me!"

Recently we went on a couple trips. The first was a gift from loved ones. It was a relaxing weekend at the beach. The other was not so tranquil but God kept me (and my loved ones) covered the entire time. So, without further ado, I present our God ordained and orchestrated trips.

(Please excuse the not so fabulous camera phone photos.)

God's beautiful creation.

The kiddos really enjoyed this thing.

I loved the umbrellas all lined up at the beginning of the morning.



Relaxing. (He honestly was not pink like he appears in this picture. We were wearing tons of sun screen.)



Heading back to the airport after a "business" trip and short visit with loved ones. It was good to see those we were able to meet up with and I'm bummed we did not get to catch up with a few we love dearly. Also, thank you so much Ms. Susan for your most generous hospitality!!!



Denver Airport.

Back again safely.

The airport train.

Thorns and snares are in the way of the crooked;
whoever guards his soul will keep far from them. (Proverbs 22:5. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails