Monday, June 14, 2010

Fear Not, Stand Firm, and See the Salvation of the Lord

I have not felt like writing much the past few days (to a week). I am not sure why...perhaps I am feeling distracted or discouraged.

As I sat, listening to a message last Sunday, my mind wandered to mission work. I wonder what missionary opportunities are here in the United States and which can accommodate children so they can participate in the ministry as well?

From time to time I feel my heart pulled toward one branch of service or another. Usually it meditates heavily regarding adoption (especially since I was a volunteer in the foster care system for years as a court appointed child advocate). But every now and then it is drawn toward missions.

With so much unknown in this season of my vapor of a life (James 4:14) and the feeling everything is up in the air, why not use this time wisely...as a missionary?

I still have a lot of prayer and deep thought on this one. If a door opens I shall go. If not, I will continue to wait.

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails