Thursday, July 29, 2010

Experiencing God: Part Three

I love in Exodus 14:15-16 where God says to Moses,
"Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to break camp. As for you, lift up your staff, stretch out your hand over the sea, and divide it so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground."


Whenever I am trying to walk in faith and I begin to doubt God, worry, and start begging Him for help, I can just picture Him saying to me (like Moses), "What are you going on about? Don't panic, just listen and follow directions!"

Regarding Moses and His leadership of the Israelites across the Red Sea, authors Blackaby, Blackaby, and King of EXPERIENCING GOD state,
"Moses must have felt humbled and unworthy to be used in such a significant way. Yet Moses obeyed and did everything God told him. Then God accomplished through Moses all He intended. Every step of obedience brought Moses (and Israel) to a greater knowledge of God (see Exodus 6:1-8)."


Likewise, I'm sure I will feel insanely sheepish over what the good Lord is orchestrating in my life. I just pray I do not struggle with my sin of anxiety too much in the process. My heart's desire, of course, is that God is glorified in my "crisis of belief" (as Blackaby, Blackaby, and King call it). I know my King has the attention of quite a few people...and I have faith the outcome is going to be nothing short of miraculous (like with Moses and Israel).

So why exactly do I cringe when someone remarks about how "religious" I am? I guess it is because some view faith in a negative light. Perhaps it is seen as an organization, set of rules, and/or hypocrisy. I do not consider myself involved in those but rather what I believe goes beyond that. It is the love for a parent, respect for a King, thankfulness to a provider, worship of a hero, and awe of a Savior. It is a lifestyle, goal, and promise for the future. It is fulfillment, a family, a place to call home.

And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:11-16. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails