Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Experiencing God: Part Two

Truly God is amazing...awesome! Not only does He provide what we need, he also gives little extras from time to time.

In the preface of the book EXPERIENCING GOD the authors, Blackaby, Blackaby, and King write,
"...God simply gave me one assignment at a time, and I sougt to be faithful. Eventually I grew to realize that God is always actively at work around me and, if I looked for it, I will recognize God's activity in the lives of the people around me. I also discovered that every time God told me to do something - no matter how difficult it might appear - He always enabled me to accomplish what he asked....

"...Each new assignment took me well beyond what I felt comfortable or skilled to do. Yet each time, God proved to be more than just my Creator or Savior. He was also my sustainer, councelor, comforter teacher, strength, protector, guide, and much more. Every time I obeyed God, I came to experience Him in new and deeper dimensions than I had ever known." (p. ix and x.)


Sunday, at church the message was regarding the scripture about a house built on the foundation of a rock and when the storms come ("trial by fire" and tribulation is immanent) will each believers' "house" stand up to it? Fantastic food for thought, I feel.

"Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you? 47 Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: 48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49 But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great."(Luke 6:46-49. ESV.)


Daniel Doriani said,
"Jesus is making a point here: it is not enough to study, to know a lot, to even say amen to what He has said: We must do what He says. If not, we are in danger of hypocrisy, in danger of facing a great crash."


God knows my heart. He knows EVERY heart. As I was reading and praying the prayers in Stormie Omartian's POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE, the following sentence stuck out to me: "I know that only the transforming power of the Holy Spirit can make changes last." What a powerful thought. Yes, God is capable of rearranging lives and indeed He can make those alterations last forever! There is always hope for those who have faith and whose house is built upon the rock.

But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.". (Matthew 19:26. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails