Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Holding Pattern

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10. ESV.)


I am currently in a "holding pattern". And I am pretty certain that anyone else in a similar boat (waiting on the Lord) can attest to such a challenge...a season of the unknown, standing in one place while surrounding lives go forward at seeming astounding speeds. I feel as though I am that person in a commercial or show who is firmly planted in one spot while the activity in the background and foreground is blurred with motion. So why don't I smell the roses since I am already stopped?

In (1 Samuel) God's word does not speak of David complaining while in hiding from Saul. I feel David knew #1 God had the whole thing sorted out and so trusted in Him completely and #2 it was only for a season and then he would be on his way again. Not to mention God provided for David the entire time. All he had to do was remain faithful until God delivered Saul right into the hands of David (who spared Saul when given the opportunity to strike)...thus showing Saul what he needed to see in order to have a change of heart toward David. God orchestrated the whole thing and did all the work while David waited in faithfulness. That is all I have to do so why is it so difficult for me?

The Lord is my portion (Psalm 119:57). He fills me up completely. He provides...and it may not look or feel the way I might prefer but God does things a specific way for a VERY IMPORTANT reason. He loving cares for many I cannot even see! And my flesh is extremely self-centered. I am just a speck (a blot) in an insanely much larger picture!

As I read today from 2 Chronicles 7:1-8:18, the following caught my attention. The Lord is speaking to Solomon when He says,
"Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually."


Though, in this passage, the Lord is speaking about a "house of worship", I pray the same may be true for my home in which I dwell.

As I went on to read from Acts 13:26-52, I was drawn to verses 38 and 39 which say,
"Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses."

I am thankful for Christ through whom I am justified (freed), sanctified, and (one day) glorified by the grace of God whose mercy endures forever!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails