Friday, July 02, 2010

Jesus is My Way

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6. ESV.)


I find myself praying for success. By this, I do not mean great fortune or prosperity. Rather, just enough to be able to afford a modest living (the basics of food, clothing, shelter, utilities), without assistance. (Not that I do not appreciate the kindness of others.)

In their book EXPERIENCING GOD, authors Blackaby, Blackaby, and King wrote,
"Those who are perennially unhappy and dissatisfied with God's assignments exhibit their lack of belief that God loves them and that He is expressing His love in His guidance of their lives.... (p.22)

"As you set out on your walk with God, He will initially make Himself known to you quite simply. As you respond with a childlike trust, an entirely new way of viewing life will unfold....He will always fill your life with Himself. When you have the Lord, you have everything you need. As He was to Moses, He will be to you the I Am that I Am.
" (p.28)


So, I want to be very careful not to fall into the sin of discontentment. I do trust God implicitly (of course) that His will is best.

And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13and to keep the commandments and statutes of the LORD, which I am commanding you today for your good? (Deut. 10:12-13. ESV.)

…he said to them, "Take to heart all the words by which I am warning you today, that you may command them to your children, that they may be careful to do all the words of this law. 47For it is no empty word for you, but your very life, and by this word you shall live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to possess." (Deut. 32:46-47. ESV.)

Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me. (John 14:24. ESV.)


When God lead my heart to take a huge leap of faith I did not ask questions...I just did as I felt was laid upon my heart. Did I do the right thing? Yes. Despite how "out of the box" it seemed, it #1 did NOT go against God's written word (in any way, shape, or form) and #2 has been completely sustained by God through His servants (Psalm 119:91).

Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. (John 4:34. ESV.)

each one’s work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. (1 Corinthians 3:13. ESV.)

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30. ESV.)

Jesús le dijo: "Yo soy el camino, y la verdad, y la vida. Nadie viene al Padre sino por mí." (Juan 14:6).

Jesus sade till honom: "Jag är vägen, sanningen och livet. Ingen kommer till Fadern utom genom mig." (Joh 14:06).

يسوع قال له : "أنا هو الطريق والحق والحياة ، لا أحد يأتي الى الآب إلا بي" (يوحنا 14:6).

عیسی به او گفت : "من راه و راستی و زندگی هیچ کس به پدر می آید به جز از طریق من." (یوحنا 14:06).

Исус му каза: "Аз съм пътят, и истината, и животът. Никой не дохожда при Отца, освен чрез Мене." (Йоан 14:06.)

イエスは彼に、"私は方法で、真理であり、命であると述べた。、だれひとり父にわたしを通してでなければ、来る"(ヨハネ14:6)。

Sinabi ni Jesus sa kanya, "Ako ang daan, at ang katotohanan, at ang buhay. Walang lumapit sa Ama maliban sa pamamagitan ng sa akin." (Juan 14:06).

耶穌對他說: “我就是道路,真理,生命。沒有人能到父那裡通過我。”(約翰 14:6)。

Gesù gli disse: "Io sono la via, la verità e la vita. Nessuno viene al Padre se non per mezzo di me." (Giovanni 14:6).

Jesus lhe disse: "Eu sou o caminho, ea verdade, ea vida. Ninguém vem ao Pai senão por mim." (João 14:6).

यीशु ने उस से कहा, "मैं जिस तरह से हूँ, और सत्य, और जीवन नहीं, मेरे द्वारा कोई पिता के पास आता है.." (जॉन 14:06).

Jesus sê vir hom: "Ek is die weg en die waarheid en die lewe niemand kom na die Vader behalwe deur my.." (Johannes 14:06.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails